We are aware of the benefits and dramatic changes orthodontics can make to a person’s smile and face, and are equally aware that braces are limited to the severity of conditions they can treat. In those instances where braces cannot be used to correct a person’s smile and/or bite, Temporary Anchorage Devices (TAD) are used.
This revolutionary technique combines the art and science of orthodontics and implant technology. Using small metal pins that are placed in the jaw bone, Dr. Clark is able to move teeth in ways that weren’t possible before.
TADs are normally only used when no other treatment option will provide optimal results or to provide a faster, more efficient treatment plan.
Benefits of TADs:
- Gives the ability to move one or several teeth, thus eliminating the need for full braces in some cases.
- Proven to be cost effective. Saves thousands of dollars by closing spaces between missing or extracted teeth, which would have led to future expensive dental treatments (implants).
- Helps to avoid jaw surgery in teens and adults.
- Can provide a faster treatment in some cases.
- Allows for certain tooth movements that would have otherwise been impossible with conventional orthodontic treatments.